The food that is served in Tunisia is something that many people fall in love with when they visit. People are going to find that there are certain foods that they are always going to remember. And in all honesty, they may be hard to find once the person gets back to dry land and in their home.
The Masfouf is something that several people love, and they are going to want to find a Masfouf recipe that is going to fit their need and be something that is delicious.
This is a sweet desert that is often served after the traditional dinner, and is considered to be a very traditional dessert for the person to eat. The good news is that the ingredients are going to be relatively easy for anyone to find no matter where they live. The list of ingredients and their measurements include:
- - ½ cup sugar
- - ½ cup of seedless grapes (red or white)
- - 4 tablespoons of raisins
- - 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- - 1 cup of hot water
- - 8 tablespoons of melted butter
- - 1 pound of Semolina
- - 4 tablespoons of toasted almonds
The steps for making this are as follows:
- 1. Take the hot water and steam the Semolina for around ten minutes
- 2. Remove the Semolina and add with half of the melted butter, toss this together to ensure that it is mixed. Then, add this back into the steamer for another twenty minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile take the raisins and soak these in hot water for around five minutes
- 4. Remove the Semolina for the second time and add the remaining butter then place on a dish
- 5. Mix the raisins and nuts together, though leave a few of these out in order to decorate the top after done
- 6. Sprinkle the sugar over the finished Semolina, then add the nuts and raisin mixture to serve with the grapes on the side
This recipe will serve around six when serving this in smaller servings. However, for bigger servings, double or triple the recipe to ensure that everyone has enough.
This is something that people are going to love and it is guaranteed to be a hit with those that you serve this to. There are other recipes that are out there, though they are all going to have the same basic ingredients.
Some people switch up the nut types that they use if they have something that they would rather use. However, the person will find that it may be an acquired taste for many people.
Overall, when visiting Tunisia, this is one of the more frequently wanted desserts that are out there, and people find it to be one worthy of fixing at home.